Department of Economics Internship Coordinators
|Prof. (PhD) Durmuş Özdemir||Assoc. Prof. (PhD) Meltem İnce Yenilmez||Res. Asst. Ali Onur Peker|
|Office: T606||Office: T614||Office: T719|
|Tel: 0232-570 8920||Tel: 0232-570 8931||Tel: 0232-570 8988|
|e-mail: email@example.com||e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org||e-mail: email@example.com|
Purpose of Internship
It is suggested for the students of the Department of Economics to do an internship in order to reinforce the theoretical knowledge gained during their education and improve their skills. The aim of this course is to prepare students for an internship within the determined periods in order to enable them to make observations and analysis on the tasks they will assume in the future in commercial and industrial organisations and institutions and organisations in the service sector. The aim of this internship is to provide the knowledge of the courses given in the department of Economics to meet the practice in the industry, to prepare for the courses to be taken in the following semesters, to introduce the students to the industrial environment and in the institutions related to their education. In addition, students will gain experience in corporate-management, employee relations and interaction by doing this internship.
The student applies to the Internship Committee of the Department of Economics with a signed and a stamped document containing the copy of the credentials, the contact information and a statement date of the internship.
Internship Commission of the Department of Economics approves the student’s place of internship and delivers the internship file to the student in return for signature.
The student should receive a letter denoting “It is convenient to do a compulsory internship in the workplace” from the Faculty Secretariat and should deliver it to the workplace where he/she will do the internship.
Procedures to be carried out after an internship:
Following the completion of the internship, the forms on the first and third pages of the Internship File filled out by the authorised persons in the institution are delivered to the Internship Commission by the student in a sealed envelope bearing the stamp of the institution or posted to the Yaşar Üniversitesi, İşletme Fakültesi Ekonomi Bölüm Başkanlığı, Selçuk Yaşar Kampüsü, Üniversite Cad. Ağaçlı Yol, No: 37-39 – 35100 Bornova / İzmir, Turkey. It is the responsibility of the student to submit the forms in question together with the Internship File.
The student has to submit the Internship File to the Internship Commission within one month following the end of the internship. Reports that are not submitted on time are not evaluated, and the student is deemed unsuccessful.
- It is essential for the students who continue their education to do their internship in summer or semester break.
- The internship period is 20 (twenty) working days.
- Among the places where students of the Department of Economics can do their internship are the Stock Exchange, Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Banks, Accounting and Finance, Marketing, Purchasing and Foreign Trade Departments of Medium and Large Enterprises.
- Internship documents are examined by the Internship Committee of the Department of Economics or by the instructor assigned. The Commission may, if necessary, interview the student himself/herself regarding his/her internship, have it applied and/or request that the report be rewritten.
- Yaşar University Internship Directive is taken into consideration in the evaluation of the Internship Report.
- The assessment is made out of 100 full points, and the results are sent to the Registrar’s Office through the Dean of the Faculty. Students who score at least 60 points at the end of the evaluation are considered successful from the internship. The results of the evaluation are recorded by the Registrar’s Office on the transcripts of the students as ‘’Successful’’ (S-Satisfactory) or ‘’Unsuccessful’’ (U-Unsatisfactory).
- If the student is evaluated as unsuccessful, the internship is repeated under the same conditions.
- The internship report on the last page of the internship file should be written manually in English.
- The information in the internship file must be filled in completely.
- Each page of the internship file must be signed and sealed. It should be noted that unsigned and unsealed reports are invalid.